Booked directly with Southend Hospital, please attend the surgery for details and book an appointment to discuss your care.
Baby checks completed at six weeks of age, by Dr Sathanandan when we offer the post natal checks for mothers.
Non NHS Services
Medical examinations and other services not covered by the NHS:
These services can be arranged with the reception staff. There will be a fee to pay in accordance with the current BMA fee guidelines.
Referral for private consultations and completion of medical forms will also be chargeable. PLEASE ENQUIRE AT RECEPTION FOR DETAILS.
Practice Nurse Clinics
The following services are offered in consultation with the Doctor and/or Practice Nurse, daily by appointment.
- Cervical Smears
- Contraceptive Services (including emergency contraception)
- Coil Checks
- HRT & Pill Check and Advice
- Advice on Breast Checks (self- examination)
- Vaccinations – childhood, routine Injections (including flu & pneumonia) & holiday travel, zoladex, B12 injections etc.
- Suture & Staple Removal
- Ear Irrigation
- Minor Injuries
- Blood Pressure Checks
- 24hr BP Monitoring – refer to appropriate clinics (locally)
- Pre Op Monitoring
- Health Check
- CVD (cardiovascular disease prevention) Assessment
- Lifestyle Advice: diet, exercise, smoking cessation etc.
- Smoking Cessation
- Chlamydia (Under 25’s) – Urine Sample – see nurse for details
- Travel Clinic
- Antenatal & Postnatal Clinic
- Diabetic, Asthma, Cardiovascular (i.e. post MI/Stroke etc)
- Hypertensive Clinic
- Child Health Clinic